The aim of OutsideIN is to provide access to learning for the most vulnerable groups of adult learners in our communities and to make education more accessible through innovative and creative learning approaches and materials.
The project will achieve this aim by:
- supporting the professional development of adult educators working in the field of lifelong learning
- designing new learning materials based on the needs of trainers and learners
- marketing and promoting adult education services to marginalised groups through less formal approaches
- hosting a series of community learning festivals in order to improve access to learning opportunities and materials
- and, exploring accreditation, learning and progression pathways for marginalised groups in our communities.
The project will design and develop an in-service training course for adult education staff to build key skills to support their work with marginalised groups. All of the learning materials and resources developed as part of the project will be available freely online and produced in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Greek.
We will host a European training event for trainers and tutors in Malta in 2019 that will offer practical, hands-on training supporting tutors and trainers to use and create informal and online training materials. As a result of this training, a series of new modular learning resources that can be broken down into small individual lessons with achievable learning outcomes for learners.
The OutsideIN Project will work with adult education tutors and marginalised adult learners over the next two years to deliver on the aims and objectives of the project.
In each partner country, we have established local research groups comprising experienced tutors and trainers that will support project partners in their work ensuring that all new resources, products and materials that we create are useful, relevant and appropriate to their day-to-day training work with marginalised adult learners.